Prepare for Airport Security at Shannon Airport
Sailing through Airport Security is all about being prepared. Once you allow plenty of time and complete your own security checks before you enter the departures area, you should have no issues at all.
Here’s a few handy hints to speed up the process
- It’s best to keep your carry-on luggage to an absolute minimum. One bag should be enough so you need to pack as much as possible into your checked in baggage.
- Don’t pack or bring prohibited items to the airport. You can read the Permitted and Prohibited Items list on your ticket or at the check-in counter (see also below list of Prohibited Items which cannot be taken on board with you).
- No wrapped presents should be brought to the airport. Because if the package alarms, it will need to be unwrapped to investigate the source of the alarm.
- You should also avoid wearing shoes, clothing, jewellery, and accessories that contain metal and these items are best off in your carry-on baggage.
- Remember that carry-on baggage may be limited to one carry-on bag plus one personal item per person. Personal items include laptops, purses, small backpacks, briefcases, or camera cases.
- Finally, it’s always a good idea to clearly mark your luggage with identification tags on all of your baggage.
The following items cannot be carried on board with you and will be confiscated at the security screening point and you will not get them back. If you have any of the following, make sure to pack them in your check-in luggage beforehand.
- Toy or Replica Guns
- Paper Knives
- Tradesman’s Tools
- Scissors of any size
- Steel Nail Files
- Knitting Needles
- Knives with blades of any length
- Razor Blades
- Hypodermic Syringes
- Corkscrews with Blades attached
- Sporting Bats and Clubs
- Billiard, Snooker or Pool Cues
- Household Cutlery
If you have any concern that an item you are carrying may not be allowed in the aircraft cabin, please place this in your hold luggage. You can bring hypodermic syringes with you but you will need to show medical proof.