Explore More with Some Insider tips from Staff at Shannon Airport
You only get the full low-down on anywhere from the locals and you won’t get any more local than our staff here at Shannon Airport! We asked them for any tips and tricks they might know to help make your travels through Shannon as easy and hassle-free as possible.
- If you are checking in for a US bound flight, check-in around 2-2.5 hours before your flight to be sure of no last-minute delays
- Have your boarding card ready for inspection at Security. You don’t need your passport here so keep it in a safe place
- If travelling to the US, try and pre-clear US Customs & Border Patrol about 45-60 minutes before your departure time to avoid any rushing around
- Remember, if returning to a country outside the EU, you can claim your (VAT) tax back after you clear Security so bring any receipts you need and keep them in one handy place.
- Did you know that you can ship items worldwide after you purchase at Shannon Duty Free?
- For passengers travelling within the EU, you can Shop on your Departure & Collect on your return!
- Once you clear Security, there are two restaurant options for you to enjoy.
- Did you know that the Irish Coffee was invented by Joe Sheridan at Shannon Airport. Stop by for an Irish Coffee in the Sheridan Bar, named after its creator!
- You can access the lounges even if you’re not travelling on a business ticket. You can pre-book online for the best rates.
- The car rental car parks are just outside the arrivals door. It’s great not to have to take a shuttle bus after a long trip.
- Parking in Short Term allows the quickest access to the building.
- Without a doubt, the best parking rates are available online.
- If you’re always on the go, frequent travellers can buy an annual car park pass that allows them to park in Short Term for as long as they want to.