We missed you!
During these extraordinary times, while everyone has stayed home and stayed safe, we have been busy preparing to welcome you back to Shannon Airport again. Our priority is your health and safety, and that of our airport employees and partners.
We have implemented new safety measures across the airport terminal, to protect you against COVID-19. In as much as is possible, the new measures in place, involve a contactless journey through the airport with minimal touchpoints.
So what have we done to help protect you ?
See our Shannon Airport Safety Charter here
- Our staff are trained in Covid-19 passenger precautions.
- We have installed over 4,000 pieces of COVID-19 signage across the terminal building. Multiple sanitizer dispensers and special hand sanitation stations, along with disinfectant wipes which are located throughout the airport starting at the entry doors.
- In addition to its normal cleaning services, the airport has introduced specialised COVID-19 deep cleaning and sanitisation services.
- Protective glass screens have been erected at key customer facing areas throughout the terminal building including at check-in, all customer service desks, security screening areas, retail and at boarding gates.
- The two-metre social distancing guidelines have been implemented throughout with highly visible floor markings. Our public seating has been reconfigured to ensure social distancing.
- Our Public Address System will play reminders to encourage everyone to maintain social distance and practice hygiene guidelines.
- The measures reflect the national COVID-19 Health Service Executive (HSE) guidelines and government code of practice guidelines for Air Passengers taking on board the best practice guidelines developed by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).