There are three customs channels in operation - blue, green and red.
Passengers whose journey and flight commenced in another EU country do not
have to make any declaration to customs on arrival and may proceed directly
through the Blue Channel.
Green and Red Channels
Passengers who arrive in Shannon:
- On flights from non-EU countries, the Canary Islands
or Channel Islands.
- From an EU airport on a flight that originated
outside the EU must clear customs in Ireland by going through either the Green
or Red Channel.
- Irish Customs and Excise regulation information, including allowances and
details of prohibited and restricted goods, is available from the Irish
You should go through the Green Channel if you are sure that you have:
- No more than the allowances to which you are
entitled. These are posted on notices around the baggage hall.
- No prohibited or restricted goods.
You should go through the Red Channel if you:
- Are in doubt.
- Have more than the allowances to which you are entitled.
- Have any prohibited or restricted goods.